Monday, 31 October 2011

My Life Verses

I know it's been a while since I posted anything and this blog has had more resurrections than the New Testament but I'm giving it one more go. I thought I would kick start this resurgence by writing about, what I would call, my life verses.

These are basically some verses from the Bible that mean an awful lot to me, they shape how I view the world. They are found in the book of Colossians.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.
(Colossians 1:15-20 ESV)

The "He" refers to Jesus. Basically it is saying that the whole world, nay, the entire universe, was created, not randomly or out of chance but for a purpose. It was all created, and continues to exist, for Jesus.

That's why they guide my life.

Over the next while I hope to explain a little about why that means so much to me and how it effects how I live.

Do you have life verses, or maybe it's a motto or a phrase, or a book or a movie, if so why not leave a comment and share it with me.





No comments:

Post a Comment